On Friday’s show:
Acclaimed author Doug MacLeod talks about writing for Young People, Steve from Glitter & Tonic visits the Forever Barbie Exhibition (so you don’t have have to), Narrelle M Harris discusses the CSI Effect, Glenn Dunks looks at what happens when stage musicals go to the cinema, Josh Kinal goes rant-tastic over Masterchef, Almost Fabulous visits the 19th Century, and Adam C’s Crime Against Pop was Filter Section’s singular cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Please do not reveal the secret ending to your friends. All this and our musical challenge too!
And podcasting is now go! You can find the podcast in the usual places or download it directly from here!
The Outland Institute – you know you want it. Every Friday from midday to two on Joy 94.9.
Show notes after the jump…
Today’s playlist was Footwear.
The ones that made it to air:
- S-S-S Single Bed – Fox
- Earthquake – Little Boots
- In These Shoes? – Kirsty MacColl
- Shoes (radio edit) – Tiga
- Pretty Shoes – Jens Lekman
- Shoes Off, Boots On – Luv
- Venus In Furs – The Velvet Underground
The ones that didn’t:
- Goody Two Shoes – Adam & The Ants
- Walking In My Shoes – Depeche Mode
- These Boots Were Made For Walking – Nancy Sinatra
- The Thong Song – Sisqo
- Get On Your Boots – U2
- Boogie Woogie Dancing Shoes – Claudja Barry
- Fuck Me Pumps – Amy Winehouse
- Cha Cha Heels – Eartha Kitt & Bronski Beat
Thanks for everyone who listened – feel free to add comments below.